“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
– Virginia Wolf
‘Dining well’ to us means excellent food, presented in a beautiful setting, accompanied by personalised service. This is the trio around which we have designed your dining experiences at Stanley & Livingstone.
Our dining options include…
- Dining area – serving breakfast, lunch and dinner
- In-suite dining or private al fresco dining, with your table set out in the homestead gardens
- Selection of quality South African wines available
- Food and beverage service available at the swimming pool
- Food and beverage service available at the outdoor relaxation area, set around a fire pit
- After dinner, enjoy a digestif with the other guests around the fire
1871 at Stanley & Livingstone
Guests have the option of enjoying lunch and dinner at Stanley & Livingstone Boutique Hotel’s restaurant, overlooking the waterhole (the hotel is 1km away and complimentary transfers can be arranged)
Dining at 1871, whether in the dining room, on the sun terrace or out in the gardens, is as anticipated as the appetite-stirring adventures.
À la carte menus offer classic European and African-fusion dishes that are always delicious – and sometimes a touch exotic, introducing local flavours and modern takes on traditional dishes.
To prepare them, our chefs use the freshest ingredients, celebrating seasonal produce. The results are meals that are perfectly cooked and full of wholesome flavour to tempt every palate.
Our chefs take pride in meeting any dietary requirement (vegetarian, gluten-free, etc.) and preference – children also have their own menus. And there are always treats to look forward to…